RE: LCD TV Above Fireplace - Cables?

  • Subject: RE: LCD TV Above Fireplace - Cables?
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:23:47 +0100

We've had this discussion before I think - I had my last plasma over the
fireplace, tilted down slightly, and it was fine.  People are used to
having
the telly at eye-level in the corner of the lounge because, until recently,
that's the only place you could really have them.  My lounge wasn't large
either, probably only 12ft or so from the sofa to the screen.  We'll be
doing exactly the same thing in our selfbuild, although the fireplace
structure will be smaller, and the room larger.

As for the original question, I wimped out of chasing the wires in (it was
red-brick fireplace); instead I just ran them down (tidily) to the
mantelpiece, then off sideways to the av stack.  If it was just 1 skinny
cable then it would be alright, but it was power and a big chunky 15-core
cable.  Not as crappy as SCART, but not far off.  I have a photo somewhere
if you're interested.

Pete

_____