RE: I'm looking for answering machine with connection to PC...

  • Subject: RE: I'm looking for answering machine with connection to PC...
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:11:10 +0100

Nik,

Most of your wish-list sounds like the Linux-based PBX called asterisk
(www.asterisk.org). The bit about working without a PC sounds a problem
though. What you'd need would be a small panel with an LED, speaker and
a few buttons to provide the "normal" ansaphone interface. You
could do
the button interface with a VIOM/NetIOM/WebBrick unit, although I'm not
quite sure how you'd get the asterisk side to respond.

Not sure that helps,

Tim.