Re: X10 and VIOM Xap ?

  • Subject: Re: X10 and VIOM Xap ?
  • From: "slashcomfort" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:47:06 -0000

in terms of wiring these switches - is easy (i think as had similiar
problem). Momentary switchs can run in parallel so each mom sw needs
only the 2 wires (should be 3 at present for your current wiring for
each switch?)

to   --------------------mo-----------mo-----mo
LD11 --------------------sw-----------sw-----sw

in terms of finding the mom switchs, places like letsautomate stock
clipsal face plates and switches (for 1 gang they have 1 to 5 hole
face plates) and you have a choice of push button switches or almost
normal looking switches (they press down but dont stay down)

> The hallway lights are controlled by 4 , 1 gang switch plates each
with 3 switches (one on each landing, one in downstairs hall and one
in vestibule). I'm having trouble finding 1 gang with 3 momentary
switches, and even if I did how do I "rewire" the current 4 way
switching to allow any of the 4 switches to give a momentary press ?
One option I have thought of is to use an AD10 instead of an LD11,
since these allow normal switches to toggle to light. I could simply
wire the AD10 switch wire to the current switched live feed so that
if any switch toggled the switched live feed the AD10 would toggle. I
think this would work and would be easy to implement BUT it would
mean no dimming.