RE: X10 and VIOM Xap ?

  • Subject: RE: X10 and VIOM Xap ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:58:50 +0100

Marcus,

Both the Web Brick (www.o2m8.com) and the NetIOM
(http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1577.html)
speak xAP. I am
considering doing something similar (but without the X10) with a Web
Brick, see:
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=
1399#1399

The Web Brick doesn't need a PC to be on 24/7 for basic control i.e. you
press a switch and it turns on the output whether the PC is on or not.
I'm not sure about the NetIOM though, I haven't looked at that too
closely. For xAP messaging you'd obviously need a "something"
running to
generate the message.

Just a couple of thoughts :-)

Cheers,