[OT] XBOX Media Centre extender

  • Subject: [OT] XBOX Media Centre extender
  • From: "Jason Starkie" <jason.starkie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:41:58 +0100

long post sorry

Is anyone on the list using an xbox media extender to access their media
centre 2005 computer ?

I have bought an extender from e-bay got it to work on my chipped xbox
because its an American region DVD

the Xbox communicates fine with the media centre and the gui looks great

the problem I have is that all live + recorded TV programs wont play on the
Xbox it displays a message about protected material ?

reading the forums it looks like this is an American pay per view problem
which has been addressed but patches are only available via Xbox live or
two
disk's Microsoft will send out free if you live in American.

I have recorded  the BlackGold Digital Freeview tuner, which was
recommended
on this list play back on the media center 2005 pc is great

I will try using the Win tv 150 analogue tv card and see if this comes up
as
copyrighted.

another problem I have is media center 2005 will only support one guide
listing so I can only use one of the two tuners installed in the PC
(Digital
or Analogue)

Microsoft are addressing this limitation according to a few posts I have
read.

Interested to hear others experience any help appreciated

Jason