RE: Anyone used one of these ?

  • Subject: RE: Anyone used one of these ?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:38:40 +0100

> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Anyone used one of these ?
>

> Frank,
>
> Keith D tried out something similar a little while ago (thread =
> "USB over CAT5"). They both sound useful devices :-)

Indeed I did.

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/server/

In fact I set it up yesterday. On my workbench I had my PIC development
board running a tester that I am currently building and reaslied there was
bug in the code.

PC with all the software is in the lounge.

Setup the Keyspan USB Server on the workbench, plugged in a USB to RS232
converter and then from the lounge I could reprogam my PIC chip remotely
:-)

Worked a treat. Will get another USB to RS232 converter and connect it to
HomeVision as well.

Regards

Keith