Re: Pinnacle Show Center - opinions

On 6/7/05, ian.bird@xxxxxxx
<ian.bird@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I found this whilst googling which replaces the standard interface.
Simon
> also mentions it on his writeup although the web address may have
changed.

> http://www.oxyl.de/homepage/index.php?l=EN&p=0
>
> From what I can see you install it alongside the supplied software but
it
> is used instead by altering the web server address on the Pinnacle
unit.

> I would also use it on a wired LAN only and the host is likely to be a
1.7
> P4 so reasonable. If my visit to Phil and other enquiries turn out
well I
> may end up with more of these.

Mine is curently running from a PIII 900 (ish) machine that is also
running my geovision card. No performance problems whatsoever

> The 200 offers a bit more of things that I don't plan to use i.e.
> integrated wifi, PC video solution etc. but I have not seen mention of
more
> horsepower under the lid. Those early adopters will have to report
back on
> that.  Currently the only 'video' in the house is an upgraded hard
disk
> recorder which I am still very pleased with after nearly six months of
use.

Some features of the 200 vs the original :
- Playback of HD content
- Playback of content protected by Microsoft DRM
- USB2 port
- Integrated Wi-Fi 11g

I can't find the posts now on the chipset that I read before, but Im
sure its a little beefier

Simon