Re: Pinnacle Show Center - opinions

I found this whilst googling which replaces the standard interface. Simon
also mentions it on his writeup although the web address may have changed.

http://www.oxyl.de/homepage/index.php?l=EN&p=0

>From what I can see you install it alongside the supplied software but
it
is used instead by altering the web server address on the Pinnacle unit.

I would also use it on a wired LAN only and the host is likely to be a 1.7
P4 so reasonable. If my visit to Phil and other enquiries turn out well I
may end up with more of these.

The 200 offers a bit more of things that I don't plan to use i.e.
integrated wifi, PC video solution etc. but I have not seen mention of more
horsepower under the lid. Those early adopters will have to report back on
that.  Currently the only 'video' in the house is an upgraded hard disk
recorder which I am still very pleased with after nearly six months of use.

Ian

Simon McCaughey
<simonmcc@xxxxxxx        To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
.uk>                     cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [ukha_d] Pinnacle Show Center -
opinions
ukha_d@yahoogroup
s.com

07/06/2005 11:49
Please respond to
ukha_d

On 6/7/05, ian.bird@xxxxxxx
<ian.bird@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with either the Pinnacle Show Center
or
> other networked media players. The idea is to have a wife and kids
> friendly box that sits under the telly and plays all my DVD collection
> from the computer thereby eliminating scratched and broken disks

This is exactly the setup I have. I bought a showcenter a long time
ago, and it is not perfect, but I like it. I did a review of it at
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1430.html

The showcenter is underpowered, that's the problem. But the new
Showcenter 200 at http://tinyurl.com/dtwbj seems to solve
some
problems.

But it's not perfect either, check out the SC 200 forum at
http://tinyurl.com/bakrw but
remember to take all with a pinch of
salt, as its only the grumpy people who go there ;)

I keep a keen eye on these things, and I think the Showcenter is the
best all round solution, and value for money available at the moment.

I like it, and I will be buying a 200

Oh, and by the way, you can hang multiple SCs off one server

Simon