Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

Re: Re: Ickle Puters

I don't have the hardware yet, hence my interest in your experiences.
I'll be testing the software writing to the server soon and if that
works going ahead. From what I remember of the CPU requirements as
listed on the Geovision web site for a GV-650 the newer models of the
VIA should be powerful enough.

I can't remember which codec I am using - I must do some research as
passing cars occasionally get interlacing effects and I remember reading
somewhere that could be minimised by using either a newer version of the
software or a more CPU intensive one.

I intend to measure the power consumption of the PC, RF modulator and
camera wall warts at each stage and probably publish them. The first
step is to swap the half-dozen or so wall warts for a single bigger one
which should be a reasonable saving as the wall warts were getting very
hot when we had a summer.

Simon

In message <20050728192748.7B46C107A6@xxxxxxx>, Mark McCall
<lists@xxxxxxx> writes