Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Video of Optimus Maximus OLED Keyboard

Re: Letting a flat with sophisticated home automation ...

As a Landlord, I would agree with Tim, if I put it in, then I have
to maintain it.

Your friend will have to weigh the price he is charging against what
he has invested, and decide if he wants to take the risk.

Remember the landlord will not be able to charge for reasonable wear
and tear on equipment, and with electronic equipment it might be
hard to prove if some faults were down to component failure or user
error.

A tentant will not be expected to pay any additional ongoing charges
for an alarm even if it is monitored, this has to be built into the
rent.

Shola Ogunlokun
The MB Challenge
One man's challenge of a lifetime.