Latest message you have seen: Fw: Popcorn hour?

RE: Low profile back plate for Video Card

  • Subject: RE: Low profile back plate for Video Card
  • From: "Robert Chasmer" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:53:54 +0100

Andy Davies wrote:
> Needs to have the holes for DVI and TV Out sockets, just like
> this one:
> http://www.techniz.co.uk/images/reviews/powercolor/ati9250/c10.JPG
>
> Anyone know where I can find one - I've had a quick hunt around the
> web but all the ones I can find have a holde for a normal VGA
> connector.

Sorry I don't know where you can get the backplane on its own from.  I'm
guessing it wouldn't be to hard to make your own.

I actually bought one of these cards for my low profile dell, in the states
last year (Ordered it on the web, sent to a freind with a US address).  It
was the best low profile, dual head card, with TV out, available at the
time:-
http://www.powercolor.com/product.asp?id=36

With this card you're forced to remove the normal Analogue RGB out, but
instead I mounted it on a spare bit of the case at the rear.

Good card basic card (with better 3d performance than my on board graphics,
but nothing compared to a full size card.

Rob

--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: rob@xxxxxxx