Latest message you have seen: AlertMe Announce Lower Pricing Plus Starter Kit

Re[2]: Mythtv Help

OK, that sets what is displayed for the channel, but not the order. I've
now got the order right by:

- exporting the "channel" table to a text file
- editing it to put the channels in order
- set ascending channel ids from 1000 for BBC1
- cleaning out some duplicates that I managed to get in there
- dropping and recreating the "channel" table from the edited
script.
- changing the settings ChannelOrdering value to 'chanid' (was 'callsign')
update settings set data='chanid' where value='ChannelOrdering'
(I tried 'channum' but that blew away the GUI :-( )
- running /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend to update the EPG.

Pete

On 25/07/2005 at 00:38 LeeUKHA wrote:

>I think I've fount it  -  Utilities/Setup, Setup, TV settings, General,
>page 2, channel format.
>
>Lee
>
>> Thanks, I've got the icons now. There is a menu pick in
mythtv-setup for
>> channel order when setting up channels, but it doesn't have any
effect
on
>> the program guide display. I've changed the "call sign"
values to be
more