Latest message you have seen: RE: Home Auotmation on my house started today

Re[2]: Mythtv Help

Lee,
I have spent this week getting a Knoppmyth backend working with an
AverMedia DVB-T card. I'm mostly there, with most of the UK listings, but
the program guide for Freeview seems very messy.

Do you know how to get the program guide to display in channel number
order. It also looks like its showing the call sign not the channel name,
and no icons.

Pete

On 23/07/2005 at 14:07 LeeUKHA wrote:

>Well that shouldn't take long to build.. LOL...
>
>I've had lot's of problems with Myth, but 99% are due to my lack of
>Linux skills :) and the lack of well documented UK Freeview
>installations...
>On the plus side, I've learnt a hell of a lot about Debian (the distro
>that Knoppix/KnoppMyth are based on)...
>And I have my set of notes, which are gradually making it into the wiki
>(knoppmythwiki.org).
>
>Reliability wise, it's crashed a couple of time in 2-3 months, but each
>time was just after something major had been installed/fixed/etc and I
>was actively fiddling with the box at the  time...
>
>During overnight recording and actually watching TV/recordings it's
>never crashed...
>Some of this is likely to be helped by sticking to recommended hardware
>like Nforce2 mobos and Nvidia graphics cards...
>
>My biggest problem (which is nothing directly to do with Myth) was
>getting my usb MS MCE remote control working. The LIRC driver says its
>supported, but there are only scraps of information about how to get it
>going... It took *days* of tinkering to recompile LIRC (which I wasn't
>that hot on) and setup stuff to link it into Myth... still, it all
works
>like a charm now... :)
>
>If you want my notes I'll email them over... (lots of good stuff like
>turning on DVDs, manual disk ejecting, fixing themes, installing UK
>channel icons, sorting Apache/Samba/etc)
>
>I'm currently working on making Myth drop into suspend mode (so it
>sleeps/saves elecy when nothings going on), but typically my mobo isn't
>supported... I feel a lot of hacking coming on... :]
>
>Lee.
>
>> Thanks Lee, will take a look at this.
>>
>> I will changing the channels using the transmitter like this
>>
>> http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/1-ir_transmitter.jpg
>>
>> how reliable do you find mythtv ? have you had any problems ?

channel"  mysql -D
>> mythconverg
>>
>> Now you need to create the /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file
>> /
>> echo "select xmltvid from channel"  mysql -D mythconverg
>
>> /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf/
>>
>> /pico /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf/
>>
>> and insert the word "channel" in front of each of the
lines.
>> save the file and exit

>> You should now have the database and files in state that'll
work...

>> /tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf >
>> /tmp/rt.xml
>> mythfilldatabase --quiet --no-delete --file 1 0 /tmp/rt.xml/
>>
>> should now download the info and fill the database...
>> ================more
>> notes=================================================
>> Making the Mythfilldatabase & tv_grab automatically run via
cron

>> In the MythTV uncheck the box to auto run Mythfilldatabase
>>
>> /pico /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend/      <--- and comment out
all the
>> lines
>> Create a new file
>> /pico /etc/mythfill-1/
>> containing these two lines -
>> /#!/bin/sh
>> su mythtv -c "tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
>> /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf > /tmp/rt.xml"/
>> Create another new file
>> /pico /etc/mythfill-2/
>> containing these two lines -
>> /#!/bin/sh
>> su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase --quiet --no-delete --file 1 0
>> /tmp/rt.xml"/
>>
>> then chmod the files to make them executable
>> /chmod 755 /etc/mythfill-1
>> chmod 755 /etc/mythfill-2/
>>
>> /pico /etc/crontab file/
>> add these lines at the end
>> /45 01   * * *   root    /etc/mythfill-1
>> 59 01   * * *   root    /etc/mythfill-2/
>>
>> And reboot....
>> It works for me...
>>
>> Have you sorted out how you'll get Myth to change channels on your
NTL