RE: Optimus Keyboard

  • Subject: RE: Optimus Keyboard
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:16:40 +0100

Keith

It's a prototype,  and it has colour OLED displays on every keycap - and I
want one ;)

(Did you notice that in the pictures the keyboard is configured as an Apple
one)

I had a demo of some LCD display keycaps 5 or 6 years ago,  they were a bit
wobbily for keyboard use but I wanted them as a custom keypad that you
could
use alongside a conventional keyboard.  I think they are still available
<http://tinyurl.com/c8hwn>
& http://www.screenkeys.com/

The SKI ScreenKeys dispplay were/are pretty dumb, the display controllers
were serial load and you had to shift in an entire pixel map plus a couple
of extra bits for the backlight colour.  IIRC they had a data in and out so
you could just daisy chain all keys and send the pixel display map as a
single bitstream.

Dave