F Type connectors in wall boxes, new house.

  • Subject: F Type connectors in wall boxes, new house.
  • From: "David Chapman" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:29:36 +0100

House I'm building has CT100 to every room which is currently hanging out
the back of either a 25 or 35mm deep wall box. I'm using Volex modular
facplates (there is also Cat5 in each box) and their "satellite
connector"
is a simple F type barrel. The obvious way to connect this is a right
angled
crimped or screw on  F type connector on the back in each box - but it's a
bit tight, even in a 35mm box not so much beacuse of the depth but because
most of the cables enter from the back and so need a 90 degree turn so they
can connect to the right angle connector. (Hope that's clear !)

Anyway, I could easilly replace the F type barrel on the front plate with a
chassis mount, I could then solder the cable directly the the chassis
mount.
Mechanically this will be a lot easier, only downside I can see is I will
loose a little bit of screening at the back of the plug but is that likely
to be a problem ? I'm only using it for video and will be at least 100mm
from mains.

David C