Re: Asterisk / Skype integration

I have got a USB to RJ11 that I got off eBay for =A327.45. VoipFans was
the=
make. I have connected the RJ11 to the second line of my PABX (POTS not As=
terisk) and when a Skype call comes in, the phones ring. You don't need to
=
go to the server to answer the call, just pick up a phone. In that respect
=
it works fine.

Outgoing calls are more of a problem.

Call progress is not very good, and failed calls are signalled by a slight
=
click only.
Putting the phone down doesn't reset Skype properly so that if there is a
n=
umber in the buffer the only way to clear it is to key # and put the phone
=
down, but without looking at the server you don't know.
It seems a bit fussy about understanding MF (motto: key slowly), which
coup=
led with the above can lead to confusion.=20
If you make calls while looking at the server its much clearer.
You can only call Skype users who you've set up with speed dials, but
other=
number just use the full national code followed by #

Overall, anyone can use incoming, but you need a bit more nous to make
outg=
oing calls. I wouldn't do without it.

Pete

On 03/07/2005 at 06:28 mark_harrison_uk2 wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have an existing Asterisk set up that works well - mix of
>conventional phones and ethernet phones.
>
>My problem, however, is that a few people with whom I deal have gone
>the Skype route. I don't want to have a religious argument about
>whether Skype is the "wrong way", but I am left with an
integration