Latest message you have seen: Couple of HA vids

Re: HT PC

  • Subject: Re: HT PC
  • From: "gigtekmediacomputers" <stuartmc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:31:34 -0000

Phil's right Zalman is the way to go for quiet CPU coolers but they
are BIG so in a small case can be an issue.

Alternatively you could look at adding a Zalman Fanmate to an
exiting cooler to slow the fan down. BE CAREFUL YOU CAN FRY A CPU IF
YOU SLOW IT DOWN TOO MUCH, so its your responsibility to check
temperature. I have a 1U server fan slowed down to 1700 rpm in a
Claritas case and it gets up to about 65C when decrypting or writing
DVDs but it is very quiet.

For silver bezels take a look at PCWorld. I saw some stick on
brushed aluminium DVD/CD front panels in the Reading Component store
this week, can't remember manufacturer.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@b...>
wrote:
> Well I have all the stuff I need for my build. I went for
a "cheap" chassis
> (Antec Overture) as this is a "toe in the water" exercise -
might uprate
> it to something posher once I have proved the concept to SWMBO.
>
> The case is really quiet - truly "whisper" quiet, but I need
a CPU
cooler