Re: Remote 13A Switching by telephone

  • Subject: Re: Remote 13A Switching by telephone
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:40:56 -0000

My switch came from Maplin and I thoiught you might like a quick report.

Pretty good - only a 1 trick pony, but still.

Dial in, it answers the line with a series of bleeps.  You dial in your
passcode and then instruction

*1# turns power on
*0# turns power off

there is the option to specify how long power is turned on for or when it
should go off and a check status function.  All communication is by bleeps,
so laminiate the instructions. Not so useful if you use the line for
something else, but it does have a feature that you can set it to come in
before your Answerphone and if it doesn't hear a passcode it suspends
action
for 2 minutes.  This assumes your caller will call straight back and the
unit won't answer.

Not ideal, but all I could find and would do the job within certain limits.

£12.50 delivered!

Tim.