Re: [OT] Freeview card - Blackgold or Nebula

I've got the Hauppauge Nova-T 90002 model, PCI.

Works very well, especially with the latest v1.3 drivers.  Currently
running on XP home, but will be moving to XP pro when I get the HTPC
built.  At the mo I just use it to record programs to the PC, then play
them on the TV with my Hauppauge MVP.

After a lot of researching on tv-cards.com forums, I decided that
Hauppauge was the way to go as they have BDA drivers already released,
(required for GBPVR) and the card can handle all UK channels in their
various formats effectively.

I too am not keen on MCE2005 and will be using XP pro and GBPVR when
support for digital TV cards is added.

You don't *have* to have a separate PVR software to use one of these
cards.  I am using Wintv2000 which comes with the Hauppauge card.  It is
ok, but GBPVR is much better, especially for mouseless control of the
HTPC.  I already use it on MVP to play music and display pictures.

Simon