Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?_=A310_off_=A330_at_ebuyer?=

Re: Multiple Wireless AP working together?

> Actually I meant if both cover the middle ground adequately, and you
> have the same SSID, channel etc, you could end up with a bit of a
clash
> at the point where the signal strengths are similar...?

It will associate with one or the other and be fine, it will usually hang
on to
one ap till the signal from it gets too bad, then re-associate with the
better
one. There is no controlled handoff like there is on mobile phone systems
where
the second one will see the device and arrange it to move. There will be
interuption to connectivity while the mobile PC changes accesspoints, but
as
long as they are connected to the same ethernet segment then windows seems
to be
able to keep tcp sessions open across APs