Latest message you have seen: Re: COM Port help please...

Re: Multiple Wireless AP working together?

lists@xxxxxxx wrote:

> >Is there a danger that doing this would create a deadzone between
the
> >two where neither work?
>
> As long as you are in range of one, the other or both you should be
fine.
> WDS wont help with deadzones - its purely used to link APs together
over
> the air.
> If neither AP provide coverage to your stairs, then you could add a
third
> AP somewhere (under the stairs perhaps!) and then use WDS to link it
> to one
> of the other APs.

Actually I meant if both cover the middle ground adequately, and you
have the same SSID, channel etc, you could end up with a bit of a clash
at the point where the signal strengths are similar...?

Jim