Latest message you have seen: Re: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

Re: HA enabled FISH TANK owners?

Paul Gordon wrote:

> I use a little APC backUPS desktop unit hidden away in the cupboard
that
> the tank sits on. Not really sure how long the max. runtime it will
give
> is, since we've never had an outage of more than a few minutes, -
> usually whilst work was being done that necessitated tripping the
> circuit breaker. Our grid supply is pretty reliable, in fact I don't
> think I can recall ever having a grid power outage in the 9 odd years
> I've lived here...
>
> As for power consumption, there I have absolutely no idea! - I can't
> imagine its very much though...

Saying that is just asking for a 6 hr cut

I have had issues with powerheads burning out when running on inverter
power
before, ended up with them so they wouldnt start reliably unless I gave
them a
thump. Im assuming one of the coils burned out.

I am thinking of running some 2.5mm cable to each aquaruim location back to
cental location and getting a big 3kva ups for it sometime...