Latest message you have seen: Re: Hey, it's a start ;)

Re: Control HV but not using a PC or X10

Hi Frank

Long time no speak. It's around 2pm over here (US) now and I am logged
into work at the same time as writing these mails - very sad for a Sunday
isn't it.

Which way are you talking with xPL. I want to have the embedded platform
on the Ethernet side, not the serial side per se. I have been looking but
have so far not found out how to talk to an MSS 100 from a non PC (broad
meaning here of personal computer including linux etc.) platform. If you
have more info on the xPL side then that would be great. Can you simply
configure the MSS with an IP address and then send a UDP broadcast and it
appears on the serial line? Can you 'target' a single MSS to save it
appearing on the serial lines of every connected MS connected?

Details my man ;-))

thanks and good morning

Ian

"Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>