Latest message you have seen: [advert] Geovision GV750 8 port card

Re: Control HV but not using a PC or X10

Just spewing thoughts...
This is good ;-)

inputs do you use on homevision
Hmmm, good thoughts. I hadn't thought of that at all. As an emergency way
of doing things this would work well. I was however hoping for more
versatility and the ability to get info from HV e.g. temp, port status etc.
As of yesterday the plan is to replace the PC control of HV with something
that is not dependent on a host of other things like a PC and does not need
a PC at the control end e.g. the lounge. Tall order I know, but hey, aim
high and always be disappointed ;-)

The ultimate goal is HV levels of reliability and a Wifey compliant
interface - see what I mean about aiming high.

Anyone any thoughts on how to talk to an MSS100 from a micro e.g. Rabbit,
Atmel etc. and get something out the other side?

Thanks

Ian