RE: Assistance for Anosmia

  • Subject: RE: Assistance for Anosmia
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:32:03 -0000

Hi Ian

> I'm looking for ways to help about the house for someone with
congenital
> anosmia - Jenni (swmbo) has had no sense of smell since birth.
>
> I also came home a week or so back to find the
> kitchen absolutely stinking of gas - and Jenni blissfully
> unaware, making a sandwich.

Cant help to answer the question but am VERY interested in the possible
solution as my sense of smell is almost totally knackered. Some things I
can
smell OK but other things I cant smell at all.

I can definately relate to the gas problem. I was cooking tea on night
unaware that one of the burners under a pan of water had failed to light.
Sharon was in the front room and smelt the gas. I was standing AT the
cooker
and couldnt smell it. When she alerted me to the fact I looked and say that
the flame wasnt lit. Had to turn everything off for a while and open all
the
windows.

On the positive side, I cant smell anything when I have to change a dirty
nappy :-)

On the severely negative side, because of this I get the "honour"
of
changing all the dirty nappies :-(

Keith