[OT] Tivo backup image?

  • Subject: [OT] Tivo backup image?
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:39:19 -0000

Hi all,

Tivo hard disk upgrade doesn't seem to have gone well and I'm
wondering if the s/hand tivo I bought had a hard disk problem as I
remember a checksum error during the initial boot up with mfstools wrt
the partition table (unfortunately I didn't write it down); this was
during the boot up not the dd stage which reported no errors.

Does anyone know where I can download the tivo backup image from (http
or ftp can't download via peer to peer)? I'd like to start with a
known 'good image' of the original drive and see if that resolves the
problems.

Since the tivo boot image is copyrighted but appears to be ok to
distribute 1 to 1 answer off list please.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.