RE: Network Attached Storage as MP3 jukebox?

  • Subject: RE: Network Attached Storage as MP3 jukebox?
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:29:11 -0000

> Gerard, I'd be interested in the spec of that if you could=20
> post the details.

RAID controller: 3Ware Escalade 8506-8 - =A3350
I am not a fan of anything made by Highpoint. This is also a SATA
controlle=
r.

Drives: 6x 200GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 - =A359.95
=A3360

Those are the two main parts that make up the biggest chunk of cost. That
l=
eaves you with roughly =A3300 to build the rest of the PC. I already had a
=
spare PC, but you could go for:

AMD Athlon 64 2800 - =A365.95
Abit NF8 Mobo - =A354.95
Corsair 512MB DDR Value Select PC3200 - =A344.95
Chieftec BA-01BBB (with up to 14 drive bays) - =A354.05
Vantec Stealth PSU - =A344.97
ATI Radeon 7000 64MB - =A315
Fans - =A320

Total cost is around =A31000. Mobo has gigabit Ethernet, which will come
in=
handy if you have 1Tb of storage.

Any more questions just ask.