Latest message you have seen: XBMC & Broadcom Bring 1080p Decode Upgrade to ill-equipped netbooks, nettops, Apple TVs

Re[2]: Re: Skype Phones - USB

IIRC the pinouts of USA and UK RJ11 connectors are different. I know I had
=
to use the right one as modem and Dialogic board were different.=20

Pete

On 24/02/2005 at 13:50 ian.bird@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I was looking at this
>
>http://www.actiontec.com/products/communications/ipw_usb_uk/index.php
>=A339.95 inc VAT
>
>Its price is the same in both dollars and pounds although it is
available
>for about 40 dollars on ebay. According to the blurb it supports
ringing o=
>the home phone for both Internet and PSTN calls. It has a lot of other
>features including call waiting between IP and PSTN etc. Seems like a
plan
>to me. I think I read somewhere that your normal answerphone can take
>messages from a skype call.
>
>As a thought, Actiontec make two web pages available for this unit, one
in
>dollars and the other in pounds. Is the unit the same? In other words,
is =
>PSTN phone line the same in the US as the UK? Would a wired US phone
work
>in the UK?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ian