Re: Re: Skype Phones - USB

I was looking at this

http://www.actiontec.com/products/communications/ipw_usb_uk/index.php
=A339.95 inc VAT

Its price is the same in both dollars and pounds although it is available
for about 40 dollars on ebay. According to the blurb it supports ringing of
the home phone for both Internet and PSTN calls. It has a lot of other
features including call waiting between IP and PSTN etc. Seems like a plan
to me. I think I read somewhere that your normal answerphone can take
messages from a skype call.

As a thought, Actiontec make two web pages available for this unit, one in
dollars and the other in pounds. Is the unit the same? In other words, is a
PSTN phone line the same in the US as the UK? Would a wired US phone work
in the UK?

Thanks

Ian

"gigtekmediacompu