RE: Slug (was: Do we all use more electricity?)

  • Subject: RE: Slug (was: Do we all use more electricity?)
  • From: "mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:52:44 -0000

The NSLU-2 was ?46 +VAT.
The DS-101 difference is that it has an internal IDE connector for one hard
drive.
The Slug only supports external USB Hard-Drives.

You do get external USB ports on the DS-101 for external hard drives too.
Plus you can also attach a USB printer.

Most other features are the same.
Unless the print-server feature is important, I'd still stick with the
Slug.
Also, the fact there is a hacker-community for the Slug means that there
are
many other things that the Slug can now do.  The media-server concept was a
great bonus.

Cheers,
Mark