OT Cable markings

I am connecting a digital tacho to my hovercraft engine HT lead using the
a=
ttached cable which has a crocodile clip on the end, works fine, but the
ca=
ble is too short.

I have since tried all sorts of cable but nothing seems to work all the
tim=
e...

As I understand it you get a wire and leaving the insulation in place wrap
=
the cable around one of the HT leads to form a coil, this then picks up
the=
pulse and transfers it to the tacho? right?

I needed an 8 core cable for all the electrics but as I could not find
anyt=
hing suitable cable I used 4 lengths of 2 core double insulated cable used
=
for bedside lights all enclosed together with spiral-wrap.

These wires are used for the following...
EGT (Exhaust-Gas-Temperature) rear cylinder
EGT front cylinder
1 pair for engine cut-out
Last pair, tacho, just using 1 of the core's.

I have fitted the cables from the engine into a connector and out to the
lo=
om thus needing only one electrical connector.

When I connect a wire to the tacho and around the HT lead all seems to
work=
but as soon as I use the loom I only get about half the rev reading. This =
is not always the case as the results seem to vary.

The original tacho wire has the following written along its length but has
=
a sort of backwards "R" joined to an "I" between the
E132956 and the AWM, w=
here I have placed the "*" does all this code mean anything to
you lecky's =
out there?

E132956  * AWM STYLE 1015 105=B0C 600V VW1- LL105935 CSA TEW FT1 - AWG 22

Sorry to ramble on but I am confused, this is the last job then its off
for=
race testing......

Thanks all,

B.