Re: [OT] Ebay Advice please

How about EFT.

I usually get them to deposit cash into my bank account. Once it is in I
give them the goods.

The thing with Paypal is (and i have had this happen to me) the buyer
claimed he never received the goods, told paypal who immediately withdrew
the money he paid to me and paid him back. There seems to be buyer
protection but not a lot of seller protection!

The only way you can protect yourself is if you send it via a method that
is trackable. I sent it with proof of postage, which was not good enough.

However regarding cheques, surely if the bank has cashed the funds and it
has cleared after the 4 day period it is therefore the banks fault for
clearing them in the first place should they be fraudulent! I would
complain to the bank and ensure that they pay to cover their mistakes!

Ho yin