Latest message you have seen: Re: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Re: [OT] Buying memory from crucial?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Buying memory from crucial?
  • From: Don McAllister <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:08:14 +0000

It's worse that that!

I've been picking up a few hints and tips by listening to the various mac
related podcasts available - all appear to be US based as you might
imagine=
!

Thing is I'm starting to drop words like "cool"
"awesome" "dude" into my
vocabulary :-)

Only kidding!

Just so everyone doesn't think I've gone completely over the top with the
mac thing there are a few minor niggles:

Agree with Li re the quality of the voice but I don't think I'll be using
that much - nice to see it included as part of the OS anyway.

Had a little fight with Keyboard mapping as I'm using a PS2 keyboard via a
KVM or Terminal Services. A couple of the keys are in the wrong place. I
might go the whole hog and get an Apple keyboard - only =A319 and you get 2
USB ports in it.

Struggled a bit with mapping Windows shares and having them auto connect on
boot - Apple uses SMB so a nice little app SMB Manager sorted that out
(Freeware). All hunky dory now.

Scratched my head on what email client to use - Tried Thunderbird, Apple
mail and MS Entourage. Entourage won hands down. Imported all my PST files
from Outlook using a $10 app called Outlook2mac. Had to do it via Apple
mai=
but worked well.

Other than that, no other major issues!

PS Expose is a fantastic part of the OS - move the mouse to the left hand
corner of the desktop and all open windows shrink and arrange themselves on
the screen allowing you to pick which one to come to the front - awesome!

Damm......

Don

On 16/2/05 3:35 pm, "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>=20
> had no doubt you would love the world of mac or some would say
"cult of m=
ac"
>=20=20
> I am currently using mine with final cut pro and dvd studio pro 3 and
mot=
ion.
> great piece of kit
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20
> ________________________________
>=20
to s=
it
> down and write up my experiences.
>=20
> Bottom line is I haven't looked back and everything I've read about
the
> elegance and stability of the mac platform has panned out! I have
upgrade=
> to 1GB of RAM but everything else is as standard. Took me a few days
to g=
et