Latest message you have seen: Cisco HA tablet

Re: [OT] Buying memory from crucial?

Don,

Brilliant! Glad you are enjoying the mac experience. I am sure you will=20
find new things and the mac will just grow on you.

(All this talk is giving me itchy fingers .. I am going to sell my G4
and=20
G3 tower machines and invest the money in a mini mac).

Oh .. SWMBO says I will sell the said machines but I will not be
purchasing=
=20
additional hardware to replace it.

:gulp:

Ho yin

At 14:30 16/02/2005, you wrote:

>Excellent!
>
>Just a week too late :-)
>
>Cheers
>Don
>
>PS as a switcher following the launch of the mac mini, I really need to
si=
>down and write up my experiences.
>
>Bottom line is I haven't looked back and everything I've read about the
>elegance and stability of the mac platform has panned out! I have
upgraded
>to 1GB of RAM but everything else is as standard. Took me a few days to
ge=
>used to the changes to the way of working but pretty plain sailing.
>
>The mac mini should in no way been viewed as an "entry level"
machine as i=
>far exceeds the capabilities of my relatively new Pentium 4 PC (also
with
>1GB)
>
>The multitasking capabilities and just the way it all hangs together is
>truly amazing! I haven't even had chance to explore the iLife
applications
>yet. The apps are gorgeously put together and just look right. There's
ton=
>of stuff out there for OS X.
>
>I've pretty much moved all my mail data across to the mac and am now
using
>it as my main production machine. I still need access to my Home PC and
Wo=
rk
>Laptop and I'm using MS Remote Desktop for OS X to achieve this - works
ju=
st
>like Terminal Services.
>
>When I do get the time I'll go into a bit more detail but I would
suggest
>that if you are considering checking out the mac platform, the mac mini
is=
>superb piece of kit!
>
>PS I asked about a USB Bluetooth dongle yesterday but found one on
eBuyer
>for =A316.
>
>Windows:
>Insert CD ROM - Wait about 10 minutes while the software installs.
Several

wrote:

> > I notice that a few of you are buying memory from crucial for
your new =
macs