From: Kevin Ellis [mailto:forum_mail@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 February 2005 16:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Audio Ripping

I ripped to Apple Lossless for main server use, then ripped down to
mp3/aac
for my IPOD again using ITunes.  This seemed to work fine its also
quick.
Means I can keep in lossless for home use and for certain artists on the
IPOD.  Winamp has a plug-in for Apple Lossless :-) so works great with
Xlobby.

Kevin

On 15/2/05 3:59 pm, "Simon Brazier" <zen17047@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Having just lost nearly 90Gb of music files in a hard disk failure
(the day
> after purchasing some backup software which had yet to be installed),
and data
> recovery programs failing to recover anything, I've got to start
encoding all
> of my CDs to hard disk again.
>
> I was thinking of doing them all to WAV this time for maximum quality.
Anyone