Re: Monitoring my electricty usage...a reply from Scottish Power

  • Subject: Re: Monitoring my electricty usage...a reply from Scottish Power
  • From: "David Chapman" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:46:54 -0000

> Electricity, the average usage for a 2 bedroomed house per week, hot

What a load of tosh !!  There are far too many variables to generalise like
that, power consumption can vary by a factor of 10 between similar houses.
In the old days the Electric Companies would check a meter for free but not
any more - even if you measure the load and so can demonstrate the error.

The solution is ring up sales and tell them you want to change to Economy
7.
First step in this process is they will fit a new E7 meter. As soon as this
is done tell them you want to change back to standard rate, they will then
fit a second new standard meter (or change a switch on the E7 meter as some
new ones will do both). If they become difficult say you plan to switch
supplier. My understanding (but please check !) is the Electric Regulator
prohibits any form of lock-in on tariffs so they will do the change.

David C