[OT] More XP issues

So, my music server is now in dire need of fixing.

After losing the ability to download anything via IE, and to update any
files (even though they are not protected), I decided to re-install XP Pro
over the top (this was after doing a full virus scan, mal-ware etc).  All
goes well, until I get a message saying

"The s/w you are installing for this hardware:

Intel 82915G Express Chipset Family

Has not passed Window's logo testing, blah blah blah...

Of course, at this point the lights on my USB keyboard and mouse have just
gone out, so I've got no way of pressing Yes or No.  No ps/2 ports on the
PC, just USB (which were working during the set up, until the error message
came up).

The only thing I can do is power off, but when it eventually recovers
exactly the same thing happens.

Any ideas, before I nuke the whole thing?

Pete