Re: [OT]: Powerful lapdog

  • Subject: Re: [OT]: Powerful lapdog
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:39:23 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, <anthony.kirrane@s...> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can anybody recommend a reliable and powerful laptop.  It needs
> to have dual head graphics or the ability to share the desktop
> over both it's attached LCD panel and the rear VGA port.

My IBM thinkpad runs extended desktop all the time using an external
LCD screen and the integrated LCD, its reliable, but not powerful
(1.2HGz).  But I'm sure they make a powerful machine.  The video is
done by Intel graphics, which I believe is used on lots of pooltable
PCs, so any PC with Intel graphics can probably do extended desktop.