Re: BT to trial ADSL >2Mbs

  • Subject: Re: BT to trial ADSL >2Mbs
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:24:18 -0000

I am currently working on the bearer network in Wolverhampton.
Businesses within 1km of the main exchange can have xDSL at up to
8Mbps (distance limit is due to ageing copper and alu. cable in the
city centre network) - this has been available for the last few
months as part of the trial mentioned.  so far uptake seems to be
quite good.  I believe this trial is part of BT's move to the 21st
century network - exciting times ahead!

Matt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stuart Poulton"
<stuart.poulton@a...> wrote:
> From http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=2075
>
> BT Wholesale to trial broadband at up to 18Mbps
>
> a.. Plan to start a trial in April 2005, whereby lines capable of
2Mbps now,
> will be used to deliver whatever speed the line is capable of
between 2Mbps
> and 8Mbps. Product launches should hopefully be in the Autumn of
2005.
> a.. An initial trial of ADSL2+ technology to support speeds up to
18Mbps.
> This trial is in response to the recent proposals to alter the
Access