Re: Remtely locating a touchscreen.

Did you notuce any deterioration in picrure quality with length of wire=20
- more noise, say ?

I'm not sure how far the more to digital has gone ... are the feeds to=20
LCD screens always digital now ?

Chris

Christopher Purves wrote:

> I have just done this with 3  of 1024 x 768 vga/serial elo
touchscreens.

> I used normal cat5 for the serial and screened cat5 for the vga but
it=20
> works with normal too.
>
> The links to the serial to rj45 convertors (=A31 each ish)
> http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN04265&N=3D=
411=20
> <http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN04265&N=
=3D411><http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN0426=
5&N=3D411=20
> <http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN04265&N=
=3D411>>

> It took a bit of trial and error to work out which of the 9 serial=20
> pins to send over the 8 wires of cat5 but I got it in the end.
>
> The vga baluns were from hiddenspeakers.com
>
> http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/423<http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/pro=
duct/423>

> I like to terminate both ends of the cat5 with plugs as it makes=20
> testing easier.
>
> Max run I have tired is 30ft but should work much longer.
>

> Chris.

oduct_info.php?products_id=3D877>)=20
> to my HA
>   pc in the loft.=20
>
>   I know there has been some debate over being able to extend over
Cat5
>   in the past but wonder if anyone has successfully done this. I have
>   one (perhaps 2 - but I'd ideally like to keep the second free) runs
of
>   cat5 from the PC to the screen location. I think I need to extend:
>
>   - VGA feed
>   - USB for touchscreen
>   - Possibly a second USB for a small local keyboard & integrated
>   trackball (although I'm not sure if this can be 'linked' with the
same
>   USB as for the screen).
>
>   Run of cat5 is probably no more than about 15m maybe 20m.=20
>
>   Any pointers on what additional bits I need and quality gratefully
>   received.
>
>   Richard
>

>=20=20=20
>   Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>=20=20=20

> Home repair improvement=20
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DHome+repair+improvement&w1=3DHom=
e+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=
=3D76&.sig=3DTcERUCDPQcJLbg9mtvQGJQ>=20
> Computer stuff=20
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DComputer+stuff&w1=3DHome+repair+=
improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.si=
g=3DplS9-eUUfaBXyLVFT87AJg>=20
> High=20
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DHigh&w1=3DHome+repair+improvemen=
t&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3Db5d547=
gPx7eFWNGqXQCl7A>=20

> Improvement=20
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=3Dms&k=3DImprovement&w1=3DHome+repair+imp=
rovement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=
=3DO6pw_oratTOwep2G_91fIQ>=20