Re: Remtely locating a touchscreen.

I have just done this with 3  of 1024 x 768 vga/serial elo touchscreens.

I used normal cat5 for the serial and screened cat5 for the vga but it
work=
s with normal too.

The links to the serial to rj45 convertors (=A31 each ish)=20
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN04265&N=3D41=
1<http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCN04265&N=3D=
411>

It took a bit of trial and error to work out which of the 9 serial pins to
=
send over the 8 wires of cat5 but I got it in the end.

The vga baluns were from hiddenspeakers.com

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/423<http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/produ=
ct/423>

I like to terminate both ends of the cat5 with plugs as it makes testing
ea=
sier.

Max run I have tired is 30ft but should work much longer.

Chris.
----- Original Message -----=20