Re: Remtely locating a touchscreen.

> Run of cat5 is probably no more than about 15m maybe 20m.

I've run VGA and PS2 up to 30 feet without significant loss of signal.
Video resolution being an important factor.  An 640x480 can be pushed
further than one at 1024x768.  Just make sure you get HIGH quality VGA
cabling.  USB, on the other hand, generally starts acting up at anything
more than 15ft.  A powered cable extender (basically an in-line hub) can
push it a bit more.  But I've not seen anything that'll go that far.

> Any pointers on what additional bits I need and quality gratefully
> received.

What you're looking for is the sort of device they'd use for remote system
administration.  These do not come cheap.  Companies like Aten make some:

http://www.aten-usa.com/?category_product2&cat=577

I found it was better to put a PC in a nearby, but inconspicuous, location
instead.  Seeing as how there's up to 25ft to play with it opens up a
number
of placement options.

-Bill Kearney