Newbie with lots of basic questions!!

  • Subject: Newbie with lots of basic questions!!
  • From: abbott.sarah@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:24:01 +0000

Hi There

Just joined to see if anyone can help someone without technical
knowledge!!  My electrician is just looking at our wiring
requirements for a new concrete built house.  I have the following
requirements and would hope to incorporate my brand new iMac and 3
iPods into the equation!

Set up playlists at the main Mac Centre (easy!) and now what I find
difficult:
How do I select which rooms I can play these in (don't want to wake
the baby as an eg!)
How can I change volume remotely?

Also:
Watch different Sat TV in different rooms?
Set up for surround sound in sitting room!

And:
Watch and record CCTV from the garden, entrance and gates, baby's
bedroom.

My electrician is happy to do the work (why not - he'll make a
fortune!!) but he loses me after the first 2 questions!!

Your thoughts would be very useful including suggestions on equipment
recommendations.

If you can describe in easy English that a thick female could
understand - all the better - much appreciated!!

Thanks a Million

Sarah