Fw: 7.1 AV amp recommendations?

  • Subject: Fw: 7.1 AV amp recommendations?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:11:01 +0000

I have the Pioneer i5 unit - very nice. Would have gone for the Denon
but=20
the auto calibrate version wasnt out at the time. The Denon can upshift=20
everything to componenent (that would have been nice too)

Feel free to come take a look...

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

=20
----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 26/12/2005 23:09 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 22:59

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] 7.1 AV amp recommendations?
.
Category:

I've been scouring the review sites for a while now, but haven't really
concluded anything, apart from perhaps Pioneer and Yamaha seem to offer=20
the
best value.  I'm looking for something with a 7.1 output, with the=20
priority
on movie sound rather than CD (it'll be driving Sonace in-wall/in ceiling
speakers, nothing too fancy).  Auto-calibration would be nice, but not
essential.  Decent video switching would also be a big plus.  I don't care
what it looks like, and a fancy remote isn't needed.  I'm sort of drawn to
the Pioneer VSX1015, which has nearly everything I need apart from the=20
video
switching.  The next model up, the AX2AV does, but costs a bit too=20
much...I
suspect I won't get away with much more than =A3500.  I'm not necessarily
looking for something new, but a quick look on eBay and AVForums doesn't
really turn up anything interesting.
=20
Any recommendations?
=20