RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes

I've just been searching on Google....

http://tinyurl.com/7jmgt

Goodbye iTunes!

Seriously, all those Mac people who claim that Apple understand the user
and give them a much better user experience are talking out of their a*#es.
iTunes just plain sucks - it's been more awkward to use than anything I've
ever tried. .. and no the answer is no "buy a mac" - if that's
the answer, well - I understand why the shuffle is the shape it is - less
painful when I shove it up their a*^e in disgust.

You hve to go a long way to screw up even basic installs - Apple seem to
have achieved that - they must have researched it a lot. When installing
iTunes or ipod updates all their software seems to happily ignore any ENV
variables pointing to a temp directory. I *know * there's not enough space
on my C: drive, that's why the temp folder is on a different one, and
that's why my Program Files folder isn't on my C: drive too... Why for the
love of god do you insist on using my C: drive... and not only use it but
fill it with bloated crap. iTunes is just a simple db app and player why
does it take up 10 TB for that, explain it go on...

Quite frankly my experiences of using the ipod shuffle have quashed any
desire to buy and sort of Mac...

</rant>

Andy

On 26/12/2005 at 11:49 Ian Lowe wrote:

>> Why is iTunes insisting on putting the DB in C:\My Music? I
configgured
>it
>to put it elsewhere but
>> it still seems to put in in that folder :(
>
>CONFORM! OBEY! CONSUME!
>
>The irony of that "1984" Apple Advert is getting more
delicious with each
>new draconian product they release.
>
>Welcome to the world of obtrusive DRM, and doing things "the apple
way". Or
>else. ;)
>
>Ian.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links