Re: iPod Shuffle / ITunes

On 26/12/2005 at 13:01 Mark McCall wrote:

>> Why is iTunes insisting on putting the DB in C:\My Music? I
configgured
>it
>> to put it elsewhere but it still seems to put in in that folder :(
>
>Under ADVANCED tab make sure the Copy Music to iTunes folder is
unchecked.
> I also uncheck the Let iTunes organise your music.
>
>M.

I have (had) those options unchecked and it made no difference. In the end
I uninstalled
iTunes and now have a copy of that python app (posted link previously) on
my shuffle.
All I do now is copy the music over to the shuffle and then run a little
batch file that
executes the exe and it's all done.. If I wanted to, and not that I do, I
could even copy
music on it from another PC without erasing the current contents...

A lot lot quicker and a hell of a lot less painful.

Now all I need to do is remember not to install any shuffle updates from
apple....

Oh and another gripe, I get a little leaflet in the box saying I can
download the 'single of
the week' for free... I guess the reason it's free is that if you can
actually find the bugger
on the apple site then you deserve to get it for free, along with an
Olympic gold medal in
the new sport of "navigating a hell hole website"

Andy