RE: ps3

  • Subject: RE: ps3
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:49:30 +0100

On 19/12/2005 at 23:40 Kenneth Watt wrote:

>> Check out the offroad racing one, the 'final' scene :D
>> The ducks were good too - ehehheeh
>
>I've not watched it all yet as it is a tad long, much like you're
normal
>ramblings Andy. ;)

Bleh!!!

>However it does look damned impressive indeed, some of the rendering on
>display is nothing short of astounding to be honest. It may even
encourage
>me to take up gaming again if I can find the time.

Indeed - as one of them pointed out "If you have 2 HD displays you can
automatically
get panoramic views, or even be doing video chat while watching a movie or
playing a
game"...  Of course if you're Sony then you probably could have 2 HD
displays, most
of us can;t afford 1... :(

>> Interesting that it can decode 12 HD video streams at the same
time
>too...
>
>Indeed, wonder if it can do that over a LAN then I can dispense with
the
>Momitsu (or rather find another use for it) and live happily with a
PS3,
>especially if it can do DVD menus as well as blu-ray.

Well the good news is that it has gigabit ethernet - that's a start :)
They did mention streaming video over the network - although they fell
short of saying "from your PC" - I'll make a guess that they're
thinking
about streaming direct to your ps3 as a service, a bit like going to
Blockbuster without the going outside, driving, buying old popcorn and
being unable to find the movies you wanted ending up in yet another
showing of "Ace Ventura" while you cower in the corner...

Andy