Re: Garage Car Automation - I need a magentic repeller

Gareth

What about a rotary actuator?

They are designed to turn a shaft through 90 deg. They are available in
various torque ratings from sublime to ridiculous!

I guess you would need to make up some kind of linkage kit but you
should be able to design something to lift up out of the garage floor.

Signals are either 24v or 230v 3 wire (common plus energise one leg to
rotate in one direction, other leg to rotate the other way) or 0-10v
plus 24vac for the modulating versions.

They tend to rotate fairly slowly, about 1 deg per second. If you needed
faster, you could get a power fail, spring return type which usually
snaps them open or closed in 2 or 3 seconds.

Whilst writing this, I've just thought of using an actuator designed for
smoke dampers. They are often linear action (rather than rotating) and
tend to position very quickly in one direction and then take some time
to reposition.

And I've just had a quick look at the Belimo website and found these
http://tinyurl.com/b7qa7 They look
quite neat with linear operation and
rated at 450N. Maybe just what you need?

These things can be fairly expensive, especially when you start wanting
spring return at high torque ratings.

"Cheap" ones start at about £70

HTH

Regards

Neil

Gareth Cook wrote:

>I've been thinking about "automating" the block of wood I
have on the