Re: BBCs iMP Trial Extended

  • Subject: Re: BBCs iMP Trial Extended
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:28:57 -0000

I have now managed to download the HD program "the planets - Terra
Firma". It's the first one of this series I managed to get
downloaded - very interesting, if you're into planetory evolution.
It took about 4 hours to get, 49 minutes long and 982Mb. It's VBR
encoded at an average 2.8Mb per second.
The picture is good, but as Ian has mentioned it gets a
little "blocky" due to the high compression. It might be my LCD's
speed. The horizontal res. is odd! My monitor is 1900x1200 so I
expect to see black bars due to 1080, but I also have bars on the
sides! I am wondering what HD res. is being used by IMP? Is it
1900x1080 or something else?

Keyvan

wrote:

> > Hi Keyvan,
> >
> > I had exactly the same, I got one episode of Love soup, it was
so
> > compressed there was no point in calling it HD. Tried many times
> > get an episiode of teh planets at 2GB but never downloaded.
> >
> > Ian

> > > When I first got on the trial I managed to get one episode
of
> some
> > > comedy drama program. Since then I have been trying to get
the
> > planets
> > > on HDTV and it just sits there saying that the download is
in
> > progress
> > > yet days later even the progress bar has not started
showing...