RE: Re: Sky / Sky + dial home - what is it up to

  • Subject: RE: Re: Sky / Sky + dial home - what is it up to
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:48:30 +0000

Oops thanks as always keith.

I intend to simply butcher a BT phone to rj11 wire to get the BT end +
cable
and plug it into a BT secondary socket. This should give me 'live' 2+5 (I
suppose I could do 2,3,4,5 if I was being anal).

I will then chop a cat5 in half, the 2 rj45 ends go in to my patch panel in
Node 0 and the chopped ends get attached to the 2,3,4,5 in parallel maybe
using some kinda punch down (maybe even the back of a spare BT secondary
socket would do this nicely).

I have removed the resistor and cpacitor from a couple of RJ45 PBX master
adapters to turn them (I think) into secondaries that will live in the
rooms
with the Sky boxes.

I think this should work as the only other phone device on the BT line is a
DECT phone which I think has REN 1.

Assuming everything gets connected peoperly this should all work - the
benefit of attaching 3,4 woudl be I could test the system with a normal
phone I guess

Chris